Originally posted by: Scott Randall on 7/22/2006 8:37:15 PM
Yes, I officially hate one particularly large striper. I was striper fishing this morning at anchor when something happened that first surprised me, then angered me, and now I'm just upset with myself. I had dropped anchor in about 120 feet of water and sent down a cut anchovie about 50 ft down below with a 1 oz weight. I set my pole down to get my other pole rigged. Not 30 seconds had lapsed when I heard a splash and turned just in time to watch my "BEST" baitcaster and rod go straight down to who knows where. <!--graemlin::eek:--> No, this was set up for fishing, and I was not even near it when it shot over the side, about 75% of the rod was laying across the deck on my boat, with only the remaining 25% out over the water. A rather large striper grabbed that anchovie and took a run and about $200 worth of gear with it. <!--graemlin::mad:--> I just sat there dumbfounded. <!--graemlin::(--> Oh, I rigged another pole, after tying off the other rig so I wouldn't lose that one as well.
Ever have a day like that?