Originally posted by: davesett2000 on 11/12/2007 6:27:22 PM
Welcome to the 2007 Bulletin Board Personality of the Year Contest...aka the BBPOTY
This "Contest" began as a way to recognize fellow BB members for all great things that you folks take the time to bring to others here the Board...basically, your friendship and fishing knowledge, which is shared with others here. There are MANY of you that bring a LOT and share not ONLY of your FISHING knowledge, but also of your minds and HEARTS.
There are NO "official" prizes sanctioned by the Club NOR BB Members in General...BUT I personally have already mentioned SOMETHING to you Members in a post last January...and at this point it is a SECRET AGAIN until the winner is announced this coming January <!--graemlin::p-->
LAST year's winner joda911 was recognized for being a great topic starter...many times for topics that were just plain fun...or where we could post various "Life information" (You Didn't Know...Now You Know)...and for being just a darn good person <!--graemlin:;)-->
As I've said in the past, there are many others deserving of such recognition...so many that this year I won't even TRY to name folks...ya'all know how I feel about you. Besides, we "Judges" can NOT publically endorse ANY "candidates". <!--graemlin::p-->
Which brings up ONE of the MAIN points about this contest. YOU as voters can vote for ANYONE here on the BB...WITH the exception of this year's judges, who are....
and myself <!--graemlin:;)-->
Here's a breakdown of the Rules. This was originally documented by Rod Tender and Walleye Wayne. Thank you gentlemen once AGAIN for your "professionalism" and HEARTS <!--graemlin::cool:-->
Thanks AGAIN Jerry and Wayne!
Originally posted by WalleyeWayne:
RULES FOR VOTING
â€¢ 1 vote per NAFC BB Member only
â€¢ Only 1 candidate per vote is eligible
â€¢ Panel Members are not eligible as Contestants NOR are Eligible to Vote
â€¢ Voting begins Dec 1, 2007
â€¢ Voting ends Dec 31, 2007 11:59 pm
â€¢ Votes will only be accepted through a BB Private Message
â€¢ Votes (via PM) must be sent to all Panel Members
â€¢ No one will be allowed to vote in place of another member
â€¢ Comments on why you feel your candidate should win are MORE than welcome with your vote (this is only to ensure we get lotâ€™s of information on the eventual winner that can be written up and sent into the NAF Magazine)
â€¢ The decision by the Panel Members will be final
â€¢ The NAFC Staff is NOT eligible, does not endorse, nor is it responsible for any part of this process
â€¢ Please refrain from posting your voting rationale, on any of the BB Forums, until after a winner has been identified. Doing so may be viewed as attempting to sway another memberâ€™s vote. Anyone that posts who they voted for will have their vote disqualified
â€¢ Please do not reply to this topic for any reason. Any replies to this topic will push these rules further up the page and make it difficult for any new members, or those that havenâ€™t been on for a while, to find / read them
â€¢ Questions, comments & grievances must be sent to all Panel Members for consideration
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
â€¢ Voting is done only through a BB Private Message
â€¢ Your vote (1 only) must be submitted to all Panel Members
â€¢ To submit your vote via PM follow these steps:
1. Sign in to the Bulletin Board
2. Click on â€œGOâ€ in the top left corner
3. Click on â€œMY SPACEâ€
4. Click on â€œPRIVATE MESSAGINGâ€
5. Click on â€œNEW PRIVATE MESSAGEâ€
6. Click on â€œFIND NEW BUDDIESâ€
7. In the â€œDISPLAYED NAMEâ€ type in either SuwanneePaul, joda911, Eric Ridenour, papa_d, Rod Tender or davesett2000 (put in only 1 name at a time).
8. Click â€œSEARCHâ€
9. When the search has finished, click a â€œcheck markâ€ into the box and then click on â€œADD SELECTED MEMBERSâ€
10. Repeat this process for all Panel Members
11. When all Panel Members show up in â€œMY CONTACTSâ€, highlight a member and click on â€œADDâ€. Do this for all the panel members
12. Click on â€œINVITE MEMBERSâ€
13. Ensure â€œPostâ€ is checked and the click on â€œCONFIRM PARTICIPANTSâ€
14. Type in the subject bar at the top â€œ(Your BB Name) BB PERSONALITY VOTEâ€
15. Type in your vote and a brief comment on why you feel your selection should be considered as BB Personality of the Year.
16. Click â€œPOST NOWâ€ and youâ€™re done!
Here are some PM Tips...
You should send your vote to ALL of us Panel members...and this is what your "Invite" list will look like in your Private Message center once you do it...
1. As stated above, click on "New Private Message" and find (#3 in the pic here) each of us by typing in our board names.
2. If you already have various of us as "Buddies", just click on our name and then "Add".
If you need help with Private Messages (the "PM" thing), go to this link and check out HOW to do it
<!--graemlin:;)-->PM Tips in "Tips for Using the BB"