|Cabela's MWC 2010 Registration Begins Today!
Registration for the 2010 season begins today! To register for your favorite tournament or a tournament near you, please visit www.masterswalleyecircuit.com.
The Cabela’s Masters Walleye Circuit has a few changes coming up for the 2010 season. The MWC will continue with its three divisions (Central, East and West) but has lowered their entry fee from $800 per team down to $650 per team. At $650 per team, we feel that we remain a great option for anglers looking to share costs but yet enjoy the competitiveness of a professional circuit, while at the same time we are hopeful that purse sizes will increase due to larger fields.
Also something new for 2010 are Premier Teams. Teams that sign up for all three tournaments in a division during our early session will be called Premier Teams. Advantages of signing up as a Premier Team are:
• Cabela’s Gift Card Contingency Bonus! Over $9,000 in Cabela’s gift cards will be given away to Premier Teams throughout the qualifying season. The top finishing Premier Team at each tournament will win a $500 gift card, the 2nd highest finishing Premier Team will take home a $300 gift card and the 3rd highest finishing Premier Team will win a $200 gift card at each qualifying event in 2010.
• Enter new bracket for a Championship berth! Each Premier Team will automatically be entered into a bracket for their respective division with the winner of the bracket receiving a spot into the following year’s Championship. Once boat numbers are assigned, each Premier Team will be placed into a slot on the bracket. On each day of the tournament, half the field will best their bracket to move on to the next round. After the final tournament of each division, a bracket winner will be determined and automatically receive a spot in the 2011 Championship. In addition, each division winner of the Premier Team Bracket Challenge will win a $500 Cabela’s gift card.
• Special Premier Team Merchandise! Premier Team members will each receive a special Premier Team hat and t-shirt for committing early to fishing all three tournaments in a division.
• Delayed payment for each tournament! All Premier Teams will be allowed to delay payment for each tournament until 30 days prior to the event. This allows teams to hold a spot in the field without paying for all events at once.
The MWC will begin accepting Premier Team registrations on Wednesday, January 6, 2010. The early registration session period will end on Wednesday, February 10, 2010. Sponsor contingency bonuses are still being worked on but there are plans to continue with many of the programs from 2009. The MWC will continue to pay out to 20% of the field in each tournament.
Strive to plan your MWC season to make it to the World Walleye Championship. The MWC Championship purse is not contingent on field size throughout the year. The Championship purse has consistently been around $101,500, with the winners taking home $25,000 and remains the same for the 2011 Championship. As noted above, there is a new avenue available for anglers working towards qualifying for the Championship. Anglers will qualify for the 2011 MWC Championship in this manner:
• Premier Team Bracket Challenge Winner – West Division
• Cabela’s MWC West Division Point Total (must fish all three tournaments in the West with the same partner)
• Premier Team Bracket Challenge Winner – East Division
• Cabela’s MWC East Division Point Total (must fish all three tournaments in the East with the same partner)
• Premier Team Bracket Challenge Winner – Central Division
• Cabela’s MWC Central Division Point Total (must fish all three tournaments in the Central with the same partner)
• Cabela’s MWC Challenge (must fish all three tournaments in a division with the same partner plus one outside of your division to be eligible for the Challenge)
We look forward to fishing with you and hopefully cutting a check for your team this upcoming Cabela's MWC 2010 Season!
Cabela’s, the world’s foremost outfitter for hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, is entering their nineth season as title sponsor of the MWC. Official sponsors of the MWC include: Berkley, Ranger Boats, Mercury, MotorGuide, Lowrance, Fishouflage, Versus (Vs.) Television Network and North American Fishing Club. Associate Sponsors include: O2 Marine Technologies, 3-IN-ONE No Rust Shield, Abu Garcia, Fin-tech, Northland Fishing, Ryjus and Reflections.
For more information on the Cabela’s MWC, visit: www.masterswalleyecircuit.com. Questions – email: email@example.com or call: 877-893-7947.